I thought it would be fun for you guys to find out a little more about me and what I think is important. I would call the post confessions but that gives connotations that I feel guilty about these things, which I absolutely don’t which is why I changed it to revelations instead. So here’s an insight into real life for me and my family:
- I am so lazy in the mornings, I read an article about how successful people get up early and exercise, I’ve tried it guys I really have, I did pilates for 2 weeks straight every morning and one day mid plank my body just seized up. Since then I’ve been ‘resting’ and staying in bed instead #selfcare.
- I can’t make decisions, it’s a real problem with a serial procrastinator like me. I really struggle to make decisions about what to do with my day and that can come down to really silly little things or more important big things which can stop the day from flowing. The plan moving forward, just make a decision damn it!
- I’m a christian AND a LGBT advocate. Yes I think you can be christian and agree with gay marriage, in fact whenever I see (mostly on Facebook) people throwing “be in the world but not of the world” and dividing over these ‘values’ it makes me sad. It makes me feel like we’ve missed the whole point of that verse. Not being ‘of’ the world to me means not buying into name calling and mud slinging and at the end of the day I advocate healthy family life, however that family are made up. I think you can run towards purity and be gay, lesbian, bisexual and/or transgender + Jesus didn’t mention it and I don’t think that’s a mistake and while we’re arguing about this we’re missing what he did say, love your neighbour and look after the poor. I think if we did more of that and stopped arguing so much the world would be a much more loving place. #justmyopinion
- It takes me 2-3 hours to write each blog post, from thinking of the idea to taking photo’s and editing them, adding the SEO, tags, promotion on Buffer, sometimes it takes longer than that which is painful for me and my family. Ha! My plan is to just write, write, write and not worry so much about editing what I say, I think it will be more authentic that way and that elusive green tick in the dashboard showing Readability will just have to stay red.
- I have realised that we all have dreams and that most of those dreams take money to come true. Want to travel? We have to pay for it. Want a big party to celebrate your birthday? It has to be paid for somehow! I’ve realised that if I want to become better at blogging then I have to pay for courses to learn more about it, trust me it’s not as easy as we make it look and if I want a professional website I need to invest more in it.
- I get fed up about the negative front page of our local paper, so much positivity inside, why not on the outside?
- I’m in a funk about finishing watching Nashville and The Crown on Netflix, can anyone recommend a good (but not too dark or scary) boxset we can start watching? I need a new boxset in my life!
So there you go just a few things in my head at the moment. Let me know what’s going on with you below!
Linking up with The List Thank you Aby and Amy