I want to write a weekly happy list to help me remember the little things, the little things that make up the fabric that in turn make up the tapestry that are our lives and loves.
This weekend saw us hot tailing it to Chichester, West Sussex for a beautiful family event, our version of a christening. Chi, as it is known by the locals, is a two hour drive from Yeo, so we left at 8am to make extra sure we got to the church on time. Our little niece Emma was dedicated to the Lord in front of immediate family and Revelation Church family with two other families with littles. It was a beautiful service full of energetic worship and a community of love for our little Emma.
We then went to ASK Italian on East Street for lunch with Rosie, Jase, baby, Jase’s family and my Mum and Dad and my brother Tom. The branch was decked out almost exactly like the one in Taunton so we felt right at home, see my review HERE.
We had 3 courses and were totally stuffed!
This week I have loved:
- Seeing Emma dedicated.
- Eating my weight in italian food
- The kids eating beautifully and being so well behaved at the dedication and meal
- Harry saying ‘I’ll be with you in a jiffy’
- Harry’s giggles
- Katie saying ‘Daddy, what you doing?’
- Jon starting to feel better after a dreadful bout of tonsillitis
- Walking through Yeovil County Park with Roberta, Felicity and Holly and watching Harry and Felicity jumping in muddy puddles
- Sorting out my business cards and compliments slips, Lizzie Somerset is going pro!
What I’m looking forward to this week:
- Working on launching my new linky with Becca ‘City Country Life’ next Monday
- Fireworks display at Yeovil Showground on Friday night, where Anna and Elsa are making an appearance.
- Fireworks at Grandad Steve’s house on Saturday night.
- Writing about our Bonfire Weekend for our first City Country Life topic!
- Booking BlogNix Retreat
- Buying new boots, I want to go black this time, if you’ve seen any I’d love your fashion suggestions?
What are you grateful for this week?